Welcome to PunksAndSkins.com

Please login or register

Being a member will give you full access to the website and will allow you to participate to the discussion forums



Log-in

 
 
   Lost your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Username:  

E-mail Address:  

Confirm E-mail:  
Password:  
Confirm Password:

[Anti-Bot] What continent is United States located on ?


View unanswered posts | View active topics






 Share on Facebook

more SKINHEAD t-shirts
more PUNK t-shirts
more SKA t-shirts
Animal Liberation t-shirts
Anti-capitalist t-shirts

Music Downloads

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Straight Edge ? 
Author Message
Canada

Joined: 29 Dec 2009, 02:42
Posts: 4
Post  Straight Edge ?
Share this album on Facebook

What do you think about the straight edge movement ?

..Just curious..


20 Jan 2010, 08:43
Profile
User avatar

Joined: 06 Jan 2010, 11:04
Posts: 46
Post  Re: Straight Edge ?

well idk... i dont do any drugs or drink but i do have sex.. and some people say having sex is not being straight edge. idk but anything like that with rules is piontless to me.
_________________
www.myspace.com/dekayosswreckage

rOi cHAos!


20 Jan 2010, 09:57
Profile
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2010, 19:37
Posts: 55
Post  Re: Straight Edge ?

well i dont smoke drink or use any drugs but only because thats my decision.... i dont like rules and i dont belong to any grupation

btw rOi_chAoS (no smoke drink or drugs is basic of Straight edge culture
.... not having sex on 1 night without relationship (STUPID! :D)
or drinking coffee since they conseder it as kind of drug cause effects at brain ...sleep concentration ...+ kind of addiction(silly) are only rules in some extreme Straight edge movements some of them even propaganding Veggi crap....(NO MEAT? IDIOTIC! ))

if im not wrong sXe started after wave of songs by Minor Threat that promoted that "rules" or better say advices ?

_________________
!


22 Jan 2010, 12:28
Profile
User avatar

Joined: 06 Jan 2010, 11:04
Posts: 46
Post  Re: Straight Edge ?

pathRIOT wrote:
well i dont smoke drink or use any drugs but only because thats my decision.... i dont like rules and i dont belong to any grupation

btw rOi_chAoS (no smoke drink or drugs is basic of Straight edge culture
.... not having sex on 1 night without relationship (STUPID! :D)
or drinking coffee since they conseder it as kind of drug cause effects at brain ...sleep concentration ...+ kind of addiction(silly) are only rules in some extreme Straight edge movements some of them even propaganding Veggi crap....(NO MEAT? IDIOTIC! ))

if im not wrong sXe started after wave of songs by Minor Threat that promoted that "rules" or better say advices ?

haha. well yea man. same here... the rule shit is bull! in any kinda scene or movement. ha i just chose not to do that lame shit.

_________________
www.myspace.com/dekayosswreckage

rOi cHAos!


22 Jan 2010, 12:56
Profile
User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2009, 23:42
Posts: 40
Post  Re: Straight Edge ?

I think "advices" of straight edge subculture are great. I'm very close to it.
_________________
http://www.deathtotheworld.com/about/about.html
http://www.desertwisdom.org/dttw/links/index.html


22 Jan 2010, 18:58
Profile
United States

Joined: 16 Dec 2009, 22:47
Posts: 50
Post  Re: Straight Edge ?

I was straight edge for 5.5 years, and I was clean before I claimed.

Yes, the basics are no smoking, no drinking and no recreational drugs, and it was inspired by Minor Threat (the song is actually called Straight Edge). However, what I call the invisible X, which represents no promiscuous sex, is pretty stupid. For example, take a typical straight edge guy. He meets a girl, he likes this girl. He may even ask her out and date her for maybe 3 months. During that time period they have sex, break up and he's on to someone new doing the same thing repetitively. I've seen ''straight edge'' kids who do this, and I chuckle at them.

As for coffee and stupid rules like that, fuck it. Straight edge isn't what it used to be, in my opinion anyway. It's more of a fad than a lifestyle now, and clearly that shows with this younger generation that attempt to claim edge. Also, I think FSU is the stupidest thing any human being could possibly create let alone live by it.

Not really trying to be mean, this is one of those conversations/debates that spark a flame in me, ya know?


22 Jan 2010, 23:54
Profile
United States

Joined: 05 Jan 2010, 02:39
Posts: 29
Post  Re: Straight Edge ?

I respect the fact that people are straight edge but I am not. I smoke pot and drink sometimes but only occasionally. I am not so bad that I am always completely out of it and can not think straight.

23 Jan 2010, 01:17
Profile
User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2009, 23:42
Posts: 40
Post  Re: Straight Edge ?

picturesxandxstories wrote:
I was straight edge for 5.5 years, and I was clean before I claimed.

Yes, the basics are no smoking, no drinking and no recreational drugs, and it was inspired by Minor Threat (the song is actually called Straight Edge). However, what I call the invisible X, which represents no promiscuous sex, is pretty stupid. For example, take a typical straight edge guy. He meets a girl, he likes this girl. He may even ask her out and date her for maybe 3 months. During that time period they have sex, break up and he's on to someone new doing the same thing repetitively. I've seen ''straight edge'' kids who do this, and I chuckle at them.

As for coffee and stupid rules like that, fuck it. Straight edge isn't what it used to be, in my opinion anyway. It's more of a fad than a lifestyle now, and clearly that shows with this younger generation that attempt to claim edge. Also, I think FSU is the stupidest thing any human being could possibly create let alone live by it.

Not really trying to be mean, this is one of those conversations/debates that spark a flame in me, ya know?

Why you are not straight edge anymore?
That kids are not straight edge. Maybe they call themselves straight edge, but they aren't. They are just poseurs like in every culture.
Things like coffee, food etc. they need to decide for themselves personally.
Out of step with the world: don't smoke, don't drink, don't fuck.

_________________
http://www.deathtotheworld.com/about/about.html
http://www.desertwisdom.org/dttw/links/index.html


23 Jan 2010, 02:00
Profile
United States

Joined: 16 Dec 2009, 22:47
Posts: 50
Post  Re: Straight Edge ?

Are you straight edge?

I was starting to turn away from it because it's turning into a fad. Other than that, I made a pact with a friend because she was scared to smoke marijuana. I was over confident and assumed she wouldn't. Then came that one night her boyfriend passed her the joint. The pact was pretty much a promise to her, and I keep my promises. So yeah... I really don't like it, so I really never smoke it. I don't know why, I say this to everyone who askes me about it. Not my proudest moment, but it is what it is.


23 Jan 2010, 03:05
Profile
United States

Joined: 05 Jan 2010, 02:39
Posts: 29
Post  Re: Straight Edge ?

picturesxandxstories wrote:
Are you straight edge?

I was starting to turn away from it because it's turning into a fad. Other than that, I made a pact with a friend because she was scared to smoke marijuana. I was over confident and assumed she wouldn't. Then came that one night her boyfriend passed her the joint. The pact was pretty much a promise to her, and I keep my promises. So yeah... I really don't like it, so I really never smoke it. I don't know why, I say this to everyone who askes me about it. Not my proudest moment, but it is what it is.



I think it is stupid that is it turning into a fad. I mean if you are going to claim to be straight edge you should actually be straight edge, but I know many people who say that they are but I know for a fact that they are not.


23 Jan 2010, 03:56
Profile
Australia

Joined: 21 Jan 2010, 06:08
Posts: 40
Post  Re: Straight Edge ?

I have no issue with it really. Not my lifestyle choice (besides,i really do enjoy my daily beer),But to each their own. The Straight edge movement isn't really hurting one.
_________________
Nothing ever burns down by itself.


24 Jan 2010, 23:27
Profile
United States

Joined: 16 Dec 2009, 22:47
Posts: 50
Post  Re: Straight Edge ?

Tbag wrote:
I have no issue with it really. Not my lifestyle choice (besides,i really do enjoy my daily beer),But to each their own. The Straight edge movement isn't really hurting one.


I have heard nothing about FSU (Fuck Shit Up) in Australia. If it does exist there though, becareful. I've heard reports that some FSU groups in California actually kill people who aren't straight edge, and they do it for stupid reasons. They're a bunch of extremists, pretty much.


25 Jan 2010, 02:54
Profile
Australia

Joined: 21 Jan 2010, 06:08
Posts: 40
Post  Re: Straight Edge ?

Never even heard of them,But ill keep that in mind,Cheers.
_________________
Nothing ever burns down by itself.


02 Feb 2010, 19:13
Profile
United States

Joined: 05 Feb 2010, 05:54
Posts: 2
Post  Re: Straight Edge ?

I'm not straight edge, myself. I like to fuck, smoke, drink, and occasionally do other shit. In moderation, of course. I guess I don't really have a problem with the movement, I just can't relate to it.

Here's what Ian Mackaye thinks about it, according to: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Ian_MacKaye
"I think that the idea of straight edge, the song that I wrote, and the way people have related it it, there's some people who have abused it, they've allowed their fundamentalism to interfere with the real message, which in my mind, was that people should be allowed to live their lives the way they want to."

I like that message. And I've always liked that song too.


05 Feb 2010, 06:11
Profile
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2010, 14:47
Posts: 37
Post  Re: Straight Edge ?

I don't like it, everyone is so fucking serious about it onece thay got in too and start to look down on us who choose to not be like them...

But its good to give reject tobaco and other stuff like that, not i care for the health of the people but more of people who is making billions of it

_________________
MODERAT LIKVIDATION!!!


19 Feb 2010, 23:00
Profile
Korea, Republic Of

Joined: 12 Feb 2010, 03:30
Posts: 47
Location: South Korea
Post  Re: Straight Edge ?

workingclassoi wrote:
What do you think about the straight edge movement ?

..Just curious..


It is certainly very posiitve to resist the sins of society; to pursue a life that you feel is more pure and more free -- free in the sense that you are resisting mind altering substances and maintaining discipline.

I generally admire the movement and think that it is having a positive influence on society.

_________________
Image


20 Feb 2010, 03:25
Profile WWW
Russian Federation

Joined: 21 Feb 2010, 11:47
Posts: 1
Post  Re: Straight Edge ?

Hm, I'm vegan, don't smoke and don't drink, but I don't consider myself being ХХХ.
Also, if Straight Edge helps people to reject bad habits I'm definitely for it.


21 Feb 2010, 11:54
Profile
User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2009, 23:42
Posts: 40
Post  Re: Straight Edge ?

Verv wrote:
workingclassoi wrote:
What do you think about the straight edge movement ?

..Just curious..


It is certainly very posiitve to resist the sins of society; to pursue a life that you feel is more pure and more free -- free in the sense that you are resisting mind altering substances and maintaining discipline.

I generally admire the movement and think that it is having a positive influence on society.


I like this explanation, pretty much what I think too.

_________________
http://www.deathtotheworld.com/about/about.html
http://www.desertwisdom.org/dttw/links/index.html


21 Feb 2010, 19:24
Profile
United States

Joined: 16 Jan 2010, 20:39
Posts: 5
Post  Re: Straight Edge ?

Im straightedge. entirely for myself though. and im not one of those trend whores that makes it a fad.

23 Feb 2010, 05:26
Profile
United States

Joined: 12 Feb 2010, 17:23
Posts: 15
Post  Re: Straight Edge ?

when did edge become about not eating meat? i mean, im totally against the whole culture of "lets drink and drive, or get high because it makes us cool" but u take away my beef, or try to act like your all high n mighty because you can afford to eat earth crunchy hippy shit, and im likly to break my boot off in your ass. I guess the stereo type i have of vegans and vegan edge kids are just rich suburban kids who can afford to live on the expensive natural foods.

28 Feb 2010, 17:51
Profile
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next



Search for:
Jump to:  


 

**LOGIN

** 
Username:
 
Password:
 
 
Remember me  

Or click here to register a new account

 

LAST POSTS

 
• Aus-Rotten Discography
• Desobediencial Civil (Anarkopunk Mexico)
• Society System Decontrol - Discography
• account delete
• Return To Fortress Europe: The Big Shiny Prison Vol 3 [PDF]
• Re: Hi, this is Stain from Albacete, Spain.
• Re: Кто может проконсультировать?
• Re: PUREVIL DC Punk early 80's
• Re: Preved. Your answer is machless... :)
• Re: 17/04 Elway + Joe McMahon (Smoke Or Fire) @Winston Amsterdam
• Re: Hi from France
• Re: Punk survey
• Re: Lay It On The Line - The Black Museum
• Re: No Gods No Masters buyer review




You will need a software like WINRAR to open the albums you download here.

* * *


Add us to your friends !

* * *



* * *


Use this image to link to us !



 

MOST POPULAR SEARCH TERMS

 
template->_php_include(): File ./popsearch.php does not exist or is empty


 

LAST SEARCH FOR:

 
 • Besancon • Pöblers united • Strength In Numbers • Amparanoia • Skin Deep - The Burial • Groovie Ghoulies 99 • 2 Minuta Mrznje • Kingdom the rage that guides • Trocki • Guts Pie Earshot • The business rio • New Dawn Fades • Fuera del sektor • Genocide Superstars • The Maytones • Risen • Murphys Law The Best Of Times • Mu330 • Crisis Ends • Edith Nylon • Disidencia • Garçons • Nosotros Decimos No • Scarface Ska • Nofx war • The Liberators • Death Threat Nowhere Fast • Jugend • Eddie Spaghetti The Sauce • Michale Graves - Demos Live Cuts Vol. Iv • Koliko • Los Pies Negros • Dead Kennedys Plastic Surgery Disasters • Brother Inferior ?– Blasphemy Treason • Cxdxrx • 99 bottles • Fine young firecrackers  • Lady -saw • Kategorie C • Desvirgheitors • Backyard Babies ? Backyard Babies -2008 • Aftermath uk • Pledge • Kaaos -kasetti ** ** 8=8 • Jesuseater • Societic Death Slaughter • Hard Skin • The Flys • The Tostones • Raptus • Todays The Day • Total Terror • The haggis • The Ska Album •  music ich bin ein punk • The kids • The Broadways • Agnostic Front Warriors • Narcissus - crave collapse • Ni o zombi • Port  • Metro st • Berurier Noir Porcherie • The Whores • The Oppressed Fatal Blow • World/inferno Friendship Society • Poison Idea Discografia • 7 Seconds Walk Together Rock Together • Anti -flag - die for your government • Tronic • Leather bristles survivors sick boys • Deathcore • Natty combo • Defensa Y Justicia • G.g.allin • Instinct • Only Living Witness • Mash -up • The Potato 5 • Stormcrow • Vent • Enraged • Sample • Arsonists • Varning • Stupenda jones • The Jam Gold • Accords • Hortense Ellis • Raymonde Et Les Blancs Becs • Oxnard • Sex pistols • Les Collabos - Complete Discography (1983-85) - 2010 - Punk • Pinstripes • Chasing Hamburg • Dry amp; heavy • Suicide machines least worst of • Jornada Del Caos • New Christs • Tributo A Madness • La theorie du boxon • Morgue • The Knob • Skacha • Rock`n roll • I Love Ufo • Purple • Salsa • Geraniüm • La rona • Burnt • Nadie • Sonny moore • Deadly Games Varukers • Tampere Ss - Kuollut • Tampere Ss - Kuollut • Skank to • Tampere Ss - Kuollut • Tampere Ss - Kuollut • Alien Sex Fiend



* NO FILES ARE HOSTED ON OUR SERVERS *
* The links are either posted by a member of our site or a robot *
* For copyright issues, either contact the original uploader OR the website where the physical file is hosted. *
* PunkAndSkins.com is an index of files crawled by spider bots, just like google. *
* We can't moderate everything posted on this site. Because something was posted by a robot doesn't means we support the band and their ideas. We are sorry if you found something that shouldn't be here. *
Forum software by PhpBB.com T-Shirt Printing